November 19, 1956 – The Quebec Chronicle-Telegraph
Rehabilitation Centre Inaugurated In City
By Spiros De Bono
The opening of the Quebec Rehabilitation Clinic Inc., will only be official tomorrow, since this centre has been dispensing of its services to the public since May last, when it first moved its quarters at the old wing of the Veteran’s Hospital at 149 Dorchester Street.
Handicapped persons, recommended by a number of welfare organizations throng here to receive the services of three doctors, two physiotherapists and a psychologist, all bent upon reinstating them on a normal course in life. Most of the patients are ex-polio cases who have not quite regained full control of their limbs.
Editor’s note: Articles from the archives are reproduced with the original vocabulary, spelling and punctuation. Explanatory notes may be added.