The story behind Rue François-Hazeur

STREET VIEWS

2520_street hazeur.jpg
Photo: Wikipedia Commons - Public Domain

Maison Hazeur, located in Place Royale in Lower Town, was built in 1684-85. It now houses the Musée de la Place-Royale.

François Hazeur (1638-1708) was a merchant and entrepreneur, seigneur, member of the Compagnie du Nord and the Compagnie de la Colonie, and member of the Conseil Supérieur.