250th Anniversary This Sunday the 27th- Saint Andrew's Presbyterian Church

Saint Andrew's Presbyterian Church, located at 106 Ste. Anne Street in Old Quebec, will be celebrating their 250th anniversary this Sunday, September 27th, 2009. Saint Andrew's Church is the oldest English-speaking congregation of Scottish origin in Canada. In 1759 the congregation, made up of Fraser Highlanders of Wolfe's Army was led by Chaplain, Rev. Robert MacPherson. Today, the dedicated members and families of Saint Andrew’s feel very proud and privileged to welcome and be led by their new minister, Rev. Katherine Burgess. This anniversary celebration begins with worship service at 10:30am in the church, followed by a fellowship reception of refreshments and light lunch in the Kirk Hall. The congregation would like to welcome the community to this historic event.