MEMORIALS AND THINGS OF FAME

42419_memorials immigration.jpg
Photo: John Woodruff, Library and Archives Canada PA-020861

This photo shows the immigration buildings, circa 1908, the long, low structure on the far side of Louise Basin. A new immigration building was erected in 1913, next to the first of the Bunge grain silos, but it was demolished to make way for more of the large cement silos. Naval Reserve buildings now occupy space on Pointe-à-Carcy (in the foreground in this photo). Imagine the corner of Rue Saint-Paul and Rue Dalhousie in the foreground.

April 21, 1819 – The Quebec Gazette

Electric Rods