Grosse-Île passes half-million mark!

Since 1990, when Parks Canada first opened Grosse-Île's doors to the public, over 500,000 visitors have flocked there. Located in the middle of the St. Lawrence River, the island served as the quarantine station for the Port of Quebec from 1832 to 1937. At the time it was the main point of entry for immigrants coming to Canada.