The story behind Rue John-Simons

101018_street simons store.jpg
Photo: Shirley Nadeau

La Maison Simons, on Côte de la Fabrique in Old Quebec, was opened by John Simons in 1860.

This new street, still under construction in a residential area of the Haute-Saint-Charles borough of Quebec City, near the intersection of Boulevard Henri-IV and Avenue Chauveau, was named in July of this year in honour of the founder of La Maison Simons department stores.