The story behind Rue du Parc-Feeney

street1qwdkjqd.jpg
Photo: Bill Cox

Daniel Feeney built this house in the early 1800s, at 4252 Rue Saint-Félix in Cap-Rouge. One of the oldest houses in Old Cap-Rouge, it was occupied by members of the Feeney family for more than a century, up to 1932. Progress happened all around it: the trestle we see in the background was commissioned in 1906 to connect — over the valley of the Cap-Rouge river — the eastbound railway with the newly built Quebec Bridge nearby. A restaurant, Chez Victor, now operates in the building.  

Rue du Parc-Feeney is named in honour of an Irish family who settled in Cap-Rouge in the 19th century.