The story behind Rue de Sherwood

street1.jpg
Photo: Photo credit: Wikipedia

The Adventures of Robin Hood was a popular British television series from 1955 to 1960. He and his band of Merry Men lived in Sherwood Forest.

Situated in a wooded area of Charlesbourg, Rue de Sherwood is named after the former Sherwood Archery Club, founded in 1959 for the purpose of bow and arrow practice. A reception hall destroyed by fire in 1982 was also named the Sherwood Club.