The story behind Rue de l’Aviation

71818_rue aviation.jpg
Photo: Screenshot from Google Maps

Rue de l’Aviation is located in the Saint-Sauveur district of Quebec City, between Rue Saint-Vallier and Rue des Ardennes. Rue de la Marine and Rue de l’Armée run parallel to this street.

The name Rue de l’Aviation was granted to the Ville de Québec by the federal government in 1951 as a reminder of the major role played by the Royal Canadian Air Force (RCAF) during the Second World War. Forty-eight squadrons (bombers, fighters and transport or reconnaissance planes) participated in all European Allied operations.