The story behind Rue Corrigan

street1.jpg
Photo: Photo by Bill Cox

Rue Corrigan in Sainte-Foy is named after a prosperous Quebec City dairy farmer.

Rue Corrigan is a short street in Sainte-Foy between Chemin Saint-Louis and Rue Gregg. It is named after James "Jim" Corrigan, who owned a prosperous farm located on the south side of Chemin Saint-Louis.

In 1910 Corrigan started a dairy farm and a few years later, built the first pasteurization plant in the region.