The story behind Place d’Armes

82218_place dArmes.jpg
Photo: Shirley Nadeau

Once a military parade ground, Place d’Armes is now a favourite spot in the heart of Old Quebec City for tourists to sit and admire the imposing Monument of Faith, installed there in 1915.

Situated in the heart of Old Quebec, Place d’Armes is surrounded by such historic buildings as the Château Frontenac, the Cathedral of the Holy Trinity, and the Old Court House. It is bordered by Rue Saint-Louis, Rue du Fort, Rue Sainte-Anne and Rue du Trésor.