The story behind Côte Gilmour

street1.jpg
Photo: Bill Cox

Côte Gilmour going up to the Plains of Abraham from Boulevard Champlain. Normally closed to traffic in winter, the road was opened to year-round traffic in October 2014.

Côte Gilmour, the steep road that winds its way up to the western end of the Plains of Abraham from Boulevard Champlain,  was named in honour of Scottish immigrant John Gilmour (1812-1877), a wood merchant and shipbuilder.