The story behind Boulevard Bastien

81518_bastien man.jpg

Ludger Bastien was grand chief of the Wendat from 1904 to 1927 and a businessman and a member of the Legislative Assembly from 1924 to 1927.

In the 17th century, a road was opened to connect Charlesbourg and Jeune-Lorette, the Wendat village later known as Village-des-Hurons and known today as Wendake. The road was named Boulevard Bastien in 1949 to honour Ludger (Sarenhes) Bastien (1879-1948), a Wendat businessman born in Loretteville.