The story of Avenue Thomas | Quebec Chronicle-Telegraph Online

The story of Avenue Thomas

avenue thomas.jpg
Photo: Bill Cox

This short residential street, located in the oldest part of Sillery, runs parallel to Côte de l’Église from Rue Louis A.-Bélisle to Rue Treggett.

Avenue Thomas is named in memory of Thomas McInenly, the eldest son of the successful Sillery wood merchant and land-owner Patrick McInenly, who in 1832 had purchased land in the Jesuits Seigneurie just west of Côte de Sillery.