The second victory of Notre-Dame-des-Victoires

tall_navy_ships1.jpg
Photo: Image of British war ships from Wikipedia

Ships at anchor for a Council of War.

The little church in Place Royale owes its name to two events in the history of New France. Named during its construction in 1688 after the Infant Jesus, the church became Notre-Dame-de-la-Victoire following the failure of William Phips to capture Quebec in 1690.